Lutheran Retreats, Camps & Conferences is seeking a community-oriented individual who is passionate about the environment to join our team as a Naturalist and Outdoor School Instructor. Stationed at camp El Camino Pines, located in the Los Padres National Forest in Southern California, the Naturalist/Instructor will lead weeklong Environmental Education programs with other members of the year-round team. This is an onsite position with room and board included. In addition to teaching, the job includes retreat hosting, dishwashing, light maintenance, winter retreat programming and other camp responsibilities. El Camino Pines is one of two sites under the umbrella of Lutheran Retreats, Camps & Conferences. In addition to a year-round Outdoor School, we host retreats groups most weekends and run a summer camp program June-August.
Training is provided. Flexibility is a must. Fun is a given.
– Strong commitment to the care and appreciation of God’s creation and communicate and practice that with students and staff.
– A desire to teach students of all ages uses the outdoor education curriculum.
– At least one year of post-high school experience – college or work. Undergraduate degree, camp experience and leadership experience are preferred.
– Must be flexible and willing to help in all areas of camp life.
– Must be able to communicate with and work with others.
– Must have interest in living in a Christian community and a willingness to live in community with others.
– Understanding of the philosophy and mission of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the programs and sites of LRCC.