THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THESE GRANTS CLOSED ON MAY 31, 2021.
NO NEW APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED!
All applications received have been reviewed and all awards have been distributed as of June 15. If you are a congregation who has received funding, please remember that you are asked to submit your reporting no later than December 31, 2021. A fillable PDF reporting form may be found here (be sure to click “Enable Editing” at the top right of the form to fill it out, then save it before emailing it back with receipt copies).
March 17, 2021
Greetings Ministries in the Pacifica Synod!
I am pleased to announce that the Pacifica Synod is offering a Technology Development Matching Funds Grant for ministries to consider applying for. Technology is defined as A/V for application purposes. As ministries prepare to return to in-person worship, the reality of the past 12 months is that virtual worship has become more mainstream and its need is likely to continue. This grant provides an opportunity to increase the quality of production of your current A/V equipment in general and particularly online.
This is a matching grant. This means we will match dollar for dollar what ministries raise. The limit is $5,000. If you don’t need $5,000 (which becomes $10,000 when matched), apply for what you need. This grant is capped at $150,000 in disbursements, so grant applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Money will be released once you have raised the matching piece of the funds and send in documentation supporting receipt of raised funds. Particulars are included on the fillable application, which may be downloaded below. Here is a listing of key dates, etc.:
- Applications will be received starting on March 25, 2021. If they are received before this date, we will return the application to you.
- Applications are to be received by May 31, 2021. If funds are exhausted prior to that date, no more applications will be accepted, so apply early!
- Funds are to be spent by August 31, 2021. Report back to synod by December 31, 2021.
- Applications will be considered as they are received, until the cap of funds is reached.
- Applications will be reviewed by 2 or 3 Mission Fund Committee members.
- Grant is matching up to $5,000.
- Grant fund is capped at $250,000 (thanks to additional funding designated on April 26, 2021)
Please direct your questions about the grant to Pastor Tom Goellrich (DEM) either by email at email@example.com or call my mobile 714-478-2753.
Please submit grant applications and narratives to Terri Robertson by mail to the Pacifica Synod office (1801 Park Court Place, Bldg. C, Santa Ana, CA 92701) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your attention to this. We pray this is a helpful contribution to your enhance your ministry needs.
Peace in Christ!
Pastor Tom Goellrich
Director for Evangelical Mission/Assistant to the Bishop
Pacifica Synod, ELCA