King of Glory Lutheran Church in Fountain Valley is seeking a part-time Choir Director. The Choir Director will prepare and lead the choir and accomplish additional tasks related to this role, as noted below.
To fulfill that responsibility, the Choir Director shall:
- Lead weekly rehearsals in preparation for Sunday and special worship services; then lead the choir in worship services on Sunday mornings at the 8 a.m. worship service and on special occasions and in special services throughout the church year (e.g., Ash Wednesday services).
- Participate in general planning and leadership of King of Glory’s music/worship ministry; help choose music for the choir based upon the liturgical calendar and the specific themes expressed in the Pastor’s planning documents; and assist the Pastor in planning weekly hymns for 8 a.m. worship services.
- Establish and publish a schedule of music and performances as early as practicable.
- Help create an environment in which choir members experience fulfillment in sharing their gifts and supporting the church’s mission and also experience personal joy and fulfillment in this ministry.
- Search out, develop, and organize a body of choral music for the choir’s use.
- Consult with the pastor and/or Congregation Council representative on the preparation of an annual budget for choir needs.
For a complete position description and instructions on applying for the position, click here.